Here’s an overview of the Fantasy Junction process:
1) Detailing: we detail the car inside and out, including undercarriage.
2) Photography: we comprehensively photograph the car (100+ photos), including underside, spare parts, and any extras.
3) Description: we write a thorough description including the specifics of the car’s history and current condition.
4) Website: the car gets a dedicated page on our website to display the photos and description.
5) Email: the same information is sent out to our email list of thousands of recipients.
6) Advertising: this information is also placed in print and online ads in publications such as Hemmings, Classic Driver, Sports Car Market, and many others.
7) Inquiries and Offers: we field any inbound inquiries about the car, show the car to prospective interested parties, facilitate pre-purchase inspections, and negotiate offers.
8) Paperwork: we handle the paperwork to complete the deal, including complex transactions such as part trades and exports. For California sales, we go to the DMV on behalf of the buyer so all they need to do is await the new title and registration if applicable.
Fantasy Junction charges a percentage of the sale price that varies based on the car’s value. Over and above this percentage, we charge $1,000 at the car’s arrival to cover detailing, photography, ad copy, and the first three months of advertisements and storage. After the initial three months, we charge a flat fee of $250 per month. Individual arrangements can be tailored for your specific car.
In contrast, selling your car though one of the major auction houses will ultimately cost 10% on BOTH the buyer's (12% in some cases) and seller’s sides. Therefore, the seller only realizes about 80% of what the buyer actually paid for the car.
From the East coast by truck: $2000-2300 (Enclosed trailer), From Los Angeles by truck $550-$650, From Seattle by truck $900-$1100
To/From the Port of Oakland to/from the main ports of Western Europe by sea: $1500- $2300USD depending on shipper and service requested. Destination charges unloading, duty, and insurance are usually extra.